Is This How It Feels? Depression.
My eyes, they stare into the distant.
My thoughts, piercing through concrete.
I feel nothing except the awful feeling of wanting to escape.
My thoughts, they are chasing me. I run. But yet they still come after me.
I want to escape. I want to numb my feelings with distraction.
Feelings of anguish and shame.
But I can't do anything. I don't want to do anything.
Movies and music used to be my comfort.
But I do not want them anymore.
Where music once moved me, it now paralyses me.
I sit and I stare into nothingness. I walk aimlessly.
I become restless. I lie on the bed. I sit on the chair.
I lie on the floor and I lean on the wall.
I sleepwalk through my days and refuse to sleep at night.
But yet I long for the short death of sleep.
For when sleep brings me away, my thoughts go silent.
At least for a little while.
I wake and I regret waking up.
I want to sleep again.
I can't smile. I can't... feel.
No excitement. No sadness.
No thrills. No regret.
Only emptiness.
I feel a void.
Never been in this cave before.
So is this how it feels?
Depression.
Comments
Post a Comment